2021 ESC Fall League Details
With the Edmonton Squash League postponed until January, the ESC has decided to offer a fall league to help tide the Edmonton squash community over in the interim. Matches will only be played at the ESC. Non ESC members are welcome to join the league. All players must be registered to Squash Alberta, which must be done through Club Locker (The same process as last ESL season).
The format will be similar to ESL except that 3 players will be playing matches on league night rather than 4. All three of the matches will occur back to back on the same court. Reffing and scorekeeping will be done by players from both teams not currently playing.
The league will be composed of ranked divisions that will correspond to the level; there will only be 4 divisions for the mixed league and the normal 3 divisions for the women’s league. Not sure what division you should be in? That’s ok! Your team will be placed in a division by our head squash professional based on club locker rankings/ratings. Alternatively, you can sign up for a specific division but your team might be moved up or down to ensure a relatively even strength of all the divisions.
Teams in divisions 2 and 4 will play on Tuesday evening, teams in division 3 will play on Wednesday evenings and teams in division 1 will play on Thursday evening. On the mixed side Divisions 1 and 2 will play to 11 points and Divisions 3 and 4 will play to 15. On the women’s side division 1 will play to 11 points and divisions 2 and 3 will play to 15. All games are win by 2 points and all matches are best of 5.
The cost is $300 per team for premium members of the ESC. There is an additional fee of $90 per person for players without a premium ESC membership; this includes ESC members that do not have a premium membership or non-members. There is only availability for 40 teams so register quickly to ensure you get a spot! If you are a single player looking for a team to play on or if your team is looking for additional players, please send an email to email@example.com
Dates to Remember:
- Start: Week of October 5, 2021
- Playoffs: Week of December 15, 2021
- Registration Deadline: September 20, 2021
To register please use the form below.
For more information, please get in touch with our head squash professional John de Vries at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long do we have to complete our matches?
- Court booking for the three matches will be 2 hours and 15 minutes
How many players should be on my team?
- We recommend teams of at least 4, but your team can be more players if you like but keep in mind that will mean less matches for each individual
Will a ball be provided by the club
- Yes, a new ball will be provided at the beginning of the first match
Do I need to be registered for Squash Alberta to play?
- Yes, all players must be registered with Squash Alberta
Does the extra fee apply to Off-Peak ESC members?
- Yes, all players without Prime-Time booking privileges, members or not, are required to pay the $90 surcharge
Where will the results of the matches be recorded?
- All results will be recorded and posted in club locker
Are Subs allowed?
- Yes, subs will be allowed, similar to ESL subs must come from a division below yours, if your team is in the lowest division (Women’s level 3 or Mixed Level 4) subs must come from the same division. Subs from outside the league will not be allowed.