We currently have the following full and part-time positions available at the Edmonton Squash Club.
Assistant Manager, Member Services
With our current manager departing in early September, we are looking for a talented Assistant Manager for a part-time position for administrative and member services help. Please see the job description here: https://edmontonsquashclub.ca/job/assistant-manager-member-services/
Front Desk Position
Although there are not many shifts available at the moment, we're always happy to hear from enthusiastic, customer oriented people who are interested in working at the front desk. If the description below sounds appealing to you, then please drop us a line!
The Edmonton Squash Club is a Squash / Fitness Club located at 111 Ave and 153 St, a short drive from UofA, Grant MacEwan and NAIT. The ESC caters to all levels of squash, within a relaxed, private, social atmosphere.
We are searching for independent, outgoing, individuals to staff the front desk from 4 PM to midnight weeknights and 10-6 PM weekends. This job would be perfect for an active University or College student looking for low-stress work after class, or aspiring personal trainers looking to network with potential clientele.
Duties include customer service, court bookings, selling memberships and merchandise, and light food / beverage service.
Skills that we are looking for:
- Customer service and cash handling experience
- Great conversational and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who doesn't need much day-to-day supervision
- A general interest in sports and fitness
It would also be an asset to:
- Currently have, or be willing to work towards, First Aid, CPR Level C and AED certifications
- Currently have, or be willing to work towards Pro-Serve Certification from the AGLC
- Ability to use a computer for Point of Sales, reply to emails and other basic computer tasks
- Familiar with Squash or interested in trying the game out
A typical work week will be approximately one or two 6-8 hour shifts, sometimes we require extra staffing during tournament weekends. We generally host one tournament a month January - April.
Successful candidates will have full access to the squash club on days that they are working - great for a pre or post-shift workout.
Please send a short (no more than 2 paragraphs) statement of why you think you'd be a good fit, and a CV (max 1 page) covering things you would like us to know about you (jobs, hobbies, interests), to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with 1 - 3 references from people you have worked with in the past (job, volunteer, group projects, sports etc...)