We are not actively recruiting for any permanent positions, but are always accepting applications for enthusiastic part-time front desk positions.
Front Desk Position
Although there are not many shifts available at the moment, we're always happy to hear from enthusiastic, customer-oriented people who are interested in working at the front desk. If the description below sounds appealing to you, then please drop us a line!
The Edmonton Squash Club is a Squash / Fitness Club located at 111 Ave and 153 St, a short drive from UofA, Grant MacEwan and NAIT. The ESC caters to all levels of squash, within a relaxed, private, social atmosphere.
We are searching for independent, outgoing, individuals to staff the front desk from 4 PM to midnight weeknights and 10-6 PM weekends. This job would be perfect for an active University or College student looking for low-stress work after class, or aspiring personal trainers looking to network with potential clientele.
Duties include customer service, court bookings, selling memberships and merchandise, and light food / beverage service.
Skills that we are looking for:
- Customer service and cash handling experience
- Great conversational and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who doesn't need much day-to-day supervision
- A general interest in sports and fitness
It would also be an asset to:
- Currently have, or be willing to work towards, First Aid, CPR Level C and AED certifications
- Currently have, or be willing to work towards Pro-Serve Certification from the AGLC
- Ability to use a computer for Point of Sales, reply to emails and other basic computer tasks
- Familiar with Squash or interested in trying the game out
A typical work week will be approximately one or two 6-8 hour shifts, sometimes we require extra staffing during tournament weekends. We generally host one tournament a month January - April.
Successful candidates will have full access to the squash club on days that they are working - great for a pre or post-shift workout.
Please send a short (no more than 2 paragraphs) statement of why you think you'd be a good fit, and a CV (max 1 page) covering things you would like us to know about you (jobs, hobbies, interests), to email@example.com, along with 1 - 3 references from people you have worked with in the past (job, volunteer, group projects, sports etc...)