The Board has reviewed financial information from the 2018/2019 season and will be making some fee adjustments for the 2019/2020 season. They are as follows:
1) Premium Memberships will be $109/month, or $99/month for those who want to pay for an annual membership in a single installment in October (Total cost is $1,188 due either October 1st or October 15th depending on you billing date).
2) Off-Peak Membership will be $55/month
3) Junior Squash Memberships will be $49/month
4) Interclub Team Fees will be reduced to $1,200/team due in a single installment by October 15th.
All-in, monthly costs for someone playing interclub on a 6 member team should be approximately the same as during the 2017/2018 season.
The main reasons for the fee increases are twofold:
1) Our rent will be increasing this year, and we need to update our fees to reflect this.
2) Our fee reduction last year was meant to be offset by new revenue brought in by our off-peak membership, but we were unable to allocate enough resources to transition squash-curious visitors and inquiries into full time members. This is something we will continue to work on during the 2019/2020 season to try to keep everyone’s fees as low as possible into the future.
For those wondering about what your all-in costs for playing interclub will be this coming season vs last season, here is the breakdown for someone playing on a 6-person team (GST excluded) who purchases an annual membership in October:
2018/19 ESC membership: $89 x 12 = $1,068
2018/19 ESL team fee: $1500 /6 = $250
2018/19 Total annual cost = $1,318
2019/20 Prepaid annual membership $99 x 12 = $1,188
2019/20 Team fee: $1200/6 = $200
2019/20 Total annual cost = $1,388
The hosting packages for home games will remain for the upcoming season, and will include the following:
- 2 game balls
- Pitcher of beer + Popcorn!
- Pre-game gatorades
Although many of you enjoyed the food, we received feedback that much of it was going to waste, so instead we will make sure that the popcorn machine is humming all night long and available for free.
We’re happy to field questions about these changes either by emailing the club or asking any of the board members in person. There will also be an AGM in late September to talk about these changes in an open forum.