Fellow members and squash players, we are very glad to announce the reopening of the Edmonton Squash Club effective June 14, 2021. If I could, I would like to give each one of you a hug for supporting the ESC during this most recent closure but mostly for sticking with us during the last 15 months. These have been very trying times. The Covid virus has affected us all in ways we could never have predicted. We at the ESC are ready for you to get back to the game we all love to play. Court walls have been cleaned, court floors have been washed, we’re ready!!
Our opening decision has been informed both by AHS and Squash Alberta guidelines. There will be no pod requirements and you will be able to play other players – no coaching requirements this time around. For further details, please see this article posted on the Squash Alberta website, last revised on June 9, 2021.
When booking a court we are asking members to please list all the players that are going to be on court during that session. This will be for contact tracing purposes, but is also good practice in general so that we can track court utilization.
As a reminder please bring your own towel if you plan to have a shower or steam.
We have revised the food and beverage list, prices have been adjusted, and we have a few more snack options available.
We are planning big things for the summer and fall. There will be evening and daytime leagues as well as adult and junior programs will all be starting in Stage 3. More details about Stage 3 re-opening will be forthcoming soon. This will give all of our members an opportunity for some friendly competition as well as the opportunity to meet some of our newest members.
Stage 2 reopening plan, effective June 14, 2021
- Masks are required in the Club, all common areas.
- Members only, no guests
- Staffing from 10 am to 9 pm, M-F, Weekends 10 am- 5 pm.
- Booking hours are 6 am – 12 am
- Primetime weekdays 4:30 pm-8:30 pm, weekends 10:30 am -3:30 pm
- Time slots are 45 minutes in primetime, 60 minutes in non-primetime
- Doubles court is open
- Members are able to book 2 courts per day, 1 in primetime and 1 in nonprimetime
- All courts must be booked in advance
- Primetime members can book 2 weeks in advance, non primetime 1 week in advance
- Both the steam room and gym are open
- Food and beverage- last call 8:45 pm weekdays, 4:45 pm weekends, 4 per table, same household or cohort.
- Lessons are still available during stage 2, prices are 4 for $150 no expiry date. Great value!!!
- Jegysoft, our courtbooking software provider is currently updating the booking system. A follow up email will be sent out when the system is available.